The ARC consortium is generating tools, solutions and information needed to make supply chains more resilient to the mounting challenges of climate change.
Our aim is to encourage uptake of climate smart agriculture throughout the coffee value chain, and we do so by providing tailored services and co-investment opportunities, in addition to creating public goods that benefit the sector's collective knowledge on the subject of climate change.
We can work with you in the following ways:
climate risk analysis
- Assess climate risk exposure by company, country, landscape or group of farmers
- Produce a landscape-level overview of current land uses, deforestation patterns, environmental and social risks
- Analyze climate-specific vulnerability of farmers, identifying farmers who are in greatest need of adaptation support
- Train extension agents and community leaders on landscape-level 'climate-smart' practices
- Train extension agents in farm-level climate adaptation practices and help them identify climate adaptation practices that are appropriate for their context
Testing & Research
- Test coffee varieties and climates smart agriculture practices in combination
- Test experimental climate adaptation practices
- Research and analyze farmer segments within a supply chain, designing packages of climate-smart practices appropriate for each segment
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN PARTNERING on THESE topics?
CONTACT US TO DEVELOP A CUSTOM CLIMATE-SMART ACTIVITY PACKAGE.